Using the G3 Pro Punch Device
Accessing the Main Menu
- When the device is on standby, click on the menu button on the top-right of the screen.
- Enter the User ID (this is determined from the ZKTime Small Business Software).
- Select the authentication method to use (Passcode, Face, Palm).
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the main menu.
To check that the users have been pushed from ZKTime Small Business to the punch device, press on the User Mgt. icon on the top-left of the main menu. User Mgt. gives you 3 options: New User, All Users, and Display Style.
- New User: select this to add a new user. (Note: this is not recommended, as users must always be created from the ZKTime Small Business software and pushed/synced to the punch device.)
- All Users: select this menu to check the details of all the users synced on the device.
Enrol an Employee's Biometrics
Select the employee whose biometrics you wish to enrol.
You will be prompted with 'Edit' and 'Delete' options. Press 'Edit' to access the employee's settings.
Here you will be able to makes changes to the user's role (normally this is done from ZKTime Small Business), as well as enrol face and palmprint biometrics, or set a passcode.
Enrolling a user's palmprint biometrics:
Hold up your hand, palm facing the device, and follow the instructions on the display screen.
Enrolling a user's facial biometrics:
In the 'Edit User' menu, select 'Face'.
Look at the device, making sure to follow the instructions on the screen.
Delete Option: by selecting the 'Delete' option in the User menu, you will be taken to the Delete sub-menu. From here, you can:
Delete the user from the device (this will not delete the user from the database).
Delete any information or biometrics set for the selected user.
It is best to delete a user from all devices using the ZKTime Small Business option Delete employee data. This will delete all details of the employee from all the punch devices at once. You must then delete the user in ZKTime Small Business by going to Staff Management > Staff.
1. You can check if facial and palmprint biometrics are enrolled via the Edit User sub-menu. In the below example, you can see both the face and palmprint have been enrolled for this user.
2. If a user profile has only one biometric saved, selecting Delete for that biometric will prompt the warning: 'User has no data enrolled, continue to delete?' with the options of OK and Cancel. Pressing OK will delete the biometric data.
Using the SilkBio-101TC Punch Device
Accessing the Main Menu Press M/OK on the device. Enter the User ID (this is determined via ZK Small Business Software). Select type of authentication method to use (Passcode, Face, Fingerprint). Once logged in, you will be taken to the main menu. ...
Using the uFace 402 Punch Device
Accessing the Main Menu When the device is on standby, click on the menu button on the top-right of the screen. Enter the User ID (this is determined from the ZKTime Small Business Software). Select the authentication method to use (Passcode, Face, ...
ZKTime Small Business
Creating a New Employee Go to Staff management and select Staff. Click on the Data tab and enter the following details: Code: employee code or punch number. Important: leading 0s are generated automatically by ZKTime Small Business, but not used in ...
Importing details into the system using Excel
To import details into the system from Excel, you must first generate a template with the column names. This can be done by right-clicking the small blue box at the top-left corner of the grid you wish to populate and pressing the Generate Microsoft ...
Error: "Error reading file ... CDX file" given when using SIMS
Problem Error: "Error reading file ... CDX file" given when using SIMS. The error would quote a file with the extension '.cdx'. Environment SIMS Solution A restart of SIMS and PC will generally resolve this error. If you are using Wi-Fi, switch to a ...