How to update the POS from the replicator server
Updating the POS via the Replicator Server
If a client has multiple POSs and wants to perform a global update on all of them, this can be done directly from the replicator server.
- Open the replicator server, go to the Help menu and choose 'POS Web Update'.
- This will bring up the below:
- Press on Check. If an update is available, it will be shown as highlighted below. Press Download.
- After the update is downloaded, press OK, then close the update pop-up.
- Go back to the SIMS POS Replicator Server, open the arrow menu and click on 'Columns'.
- Make sure that 'Version' is selected.
- This will show the Version column in the grid. If the version in the column contains 'EUR' then that is the most recent POS update.
- To push the update, make sure that the POS is connected, which can be confirmed by the small computer icon as shown here:
- After confirming that the POS is connected, click on the row to highlight it, then click on the Software button.
- The recent downloaded update will be pushed to the POS. You can check if the update has been delivered to the POS by checking the version column. The new version will be shown without 'EUR'. This means the POS needs to be restarted.
- Inform the user to restart the POS. If it is successful, the Version column will list the new version with 'EUR'.
Message POS user to Restart POS
Admins can send a message to the POS, asking the users to restart so as to install the update.
- Highlight the POS and press Message.
- Write the message and press OK to send.
- With the next replication, the message will show up on the user's screen.
Steps 1 through 10 must be performed for all the POSs in the list.
There are rare cases of an error occurring when pressing Check or Download:
To solve the issue:
- From the replicator window press Options and then Setup.
- Take note of the Server's latest path.
- Copy the path and paste it in the file explorer. This will open the folder's location.
- When in the folder, copy the updatDB.exe and paste it in the SSPOS folder. This will replace an outdated updateDB.exe.
- Once replaced, the user can Check for a new update or Download again.
How to update the Replicator Server for POS
Updating the Replicator Server for POS Very Important! The below methods must be done from the PC (Server) on which the Replication Server is installed. Scenario 1: The POS Replicator Server is installed as a service Press the Windows button and type ...
How to Reindex POS
Reindex solves most of the issues that can be caused by a power cut, or any other event that may affect the functionality of the POS. There are 2 ways to reindex POS. Method 1: Via the Toolbar You can go to Admin>Reindex: The below will pop up: ...
How to re-download a table from SIMS to POS if data is missing from POS
POS users can update a price or add a new stock card from SIMS, but sometimes these changes are not shown in the POS system even if it has replicated multiple times. We can re-download the whole table from SIMS so that the items or ...
Selling Price on POS different than that on WinSIMS
Problem POS and WinSIMS selling prices do not match. Environment Shireburn Point of Sale. Solution If the issue is restricted to one stock card, then simply click the Amend button and then the Save button on the stock card. This will instigate a ...
How to update SIMS to latest version
In order to update, all users should be logged out of SIMS and SFM (if applicable). In the case of SPOS, close the POS replicator. N.B. In case of a Remote Desktop Connection to the server, log out of SIMS and SFM first and then quit the remote ...