How to redeem a voucher on POS
- Add an item to the sale page
- Proceed to the Check Out.
- Go to the Payment option or click directly on the Payment button.
- When the payment types pop up, press either of the options near 'Voucher'.
- The below pop-up will appear. Enter the voucher number in the 'Vouchers' field.
- Once the voucher number is entered, the 'Amount' field will automatically update with the voucher's value.
- Press the Save icon to add the value of the voucher to the 'Total Amount' field. A message asking 'Do you want to use another Voucher?' will come up.
- If you have more vouchers to post, press Yes and enter the voucher number to add it to the 'Total Amount'. If you do not want to add more vouchers, press no. The amount of the voucher will be added in the voucher field and that same amount will be deducted from the final bill.
- The customer will then need to pay the remaining balance by cash or card.
Note: If the voucher amount is the greater then the price of the items the system automatically will issue another voucher with the difference.
How to check voucher status in SIMS
In SIMS, Vouchers can have 3 different statuses: SOLD: Voucher was issued or sold but is not yet redeemed. RETURNED: Voucher is redeemed. NOT USED: This happens when a voucher is created from SIMS for a promotion, such as to give it away for free. ...
How to issue a Voucher instead of a change option during a Cash Return?
First of all, we need to enable the below from POS Company Maintenance. Select the highlighted options, so the voucher can only be redeemed once and the user can search for a voucher during the payment method from a list when they press shift + ? The ...
How to check the status of a voucher from POS
This will guide you on how to check the status of the voucher as in sold or returned. In POS, Vouchers can have 2 different statuses SOLD: Voucher was issued or sold but still not redeemed. RETURNED: Voucher is redeemed. To check from POS the status ...
How to void an issued Voucher
In order to void a voucher that was issued by mistake, or for other reasons, the process is as follows: From SIMS: Highlight the voucher by pressing the space bar and then use the function Mark as Used. The status will be set as Used. After few ...
How to change the default expiry days of an issued voucher from POS
This setting is used if the user needs to change the voucher expiry date that is set to 6 months by default. This is all configured from the POS: From Advanced > Company Settings > More > Vouchers section Advanced Company settings In the More tab, ...