How to re-download a table from SIMS to POS if data is missing from POS
POS users can update a price or add a new stock card from SIMS, but sometimes these changes are not shown in the POS system even if it has replicated multiple times.
We can re-download the whole table from SIMS so that the items or missing information will be visible on the POS. The examples below show how to download the full stocks table in such cases.
- Go to SIMS > Main > Point Of Sale > POS Config.
- Click on the Name header and type the table name, in this example Stocks. The first record in the list is then highlighted.
- Press Enter twice on the keyboard, or click the Edit icon, to enter Amend mode and tick 'Next Download Full'.
- Press Enter again to save, or click on the Save icon.
With the next POS replication, the whole stock list will be downloaded again and the previously missing items will now be visible in the POS.
If you have multiple POS you can use the Range From and Range To options.
- Again, search by Name, then use the Range From and Range To buttons to list only the required table for all the POSs, in this case Stocks.
- Then click Mark ALL Next Full.
All entries in the list will then be marked.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 for any tables that have missing information.
Adding images to POS buttons from SIMS
You can assign images to Buttons to help POS users identify a product more quickly during a sale. Buttons pictures are best created from SIMS so they can be replicated to all POS stations in the company. In SIMS, go to Main > Point of Sale > Others > ...
How to Reindex SIMS
Reindex is mostly used to fix corrupted indices. If they are not repaired, the utility will indicate which databases need attention. It is important that all users are out of SIMS (and SFM if applicable) or else an alert will pop up that another ...
How to create new POS users from SIMS
To create a new POS user from SIMS, go to: SIMS > Main > Point of Sale > POS Administration > User Accounts This will be replicated automatically to the POS within a few minutes time.
How to Reindex POS
Reindex solves most of the issues that can be caused by a power cut, or any other event that may affect the functionality of the POS. There are 2 ways to reindex POS. Method 1: Via the Toolbar You can go to Admin>Reindex: The below will pop up: ...
How to set up POS schemes from SIMS
Attached with this article is a document that details how you can set up POS schemes from SIMS.