To install SFM, follow the below steps:
- Launch SFM.exe.
- Press Next and accept the terms of service. You may need to install .net framework 3.5 when doing this as your device may not have it installed.
- Leave the install folder path as C:\Program Files (x86)\Shireburn\SFM\. Press Next.
- Copy the data path for SFM (this should be located where all Shireburn data is filed) and paste it into the path field, and then press the + plus button. The updated location should be filled automatically.
- The serial number and serial key should be filled automatically. If these are not automatically filled in, please contact Shireburn support. If these fields are automatically filled in, press Next.
- Again press Next, and then Install.
- Once the installation is complete, press Close.
It is important not to open SFM as you need to give rights to the installation folder.
Providing rights to the SFM installation folder
To provide rights for other users to the SFM installation folder:
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and locate the Shireburn folder.
- Right-click on the folder, and then select Properties.
- Open the Security tab, and then click on Edit.
- Locate and click on Users in the list of group and user names. In permissions box, set Modify as Allow.
- Now you can launch SFM, which should be located on your desktop.
- When opened, SFM will notify you for an update. From this step onward, select Yes, and then the login screen should appear.
With this you should have SFM installed. If you run into any issues through these steps, please contact the Shireburn Technical Team.