Adding images to POS buttons from SIMS
You can assign images to Buttons to help POS users identify a product more quickly during a sale.
Buttons pictures are best created from SIMS so they can be replicated to all POS stations in the company.
- In SIMS, go to Main > Point of Sale > Others > Touchscreen.
- In the Custom Buttons tab, choose a button group.
- Go to the Custom Layout tab, highlight the line to which the picture is to be added and press on Picture Preview.
- In the next box, select your file, then click OK.
- A preview of the picture will load in the Picture Preview area in SIMS.
- Once the picture is uploaded into SIMS, POS will replicate automatically and the new picture should be visible in each corresponding button.
If the newly added picture does not show up in POS after replication, the user will need to push a full replication of that table.
- To carry out a full replication from SIMS, go to Main > Point Of Sale > POS config.
- Search by table name for tslayout and btlayout. For each table, carry out the following:
- Click on the Range from and Range to so that only that table will be visible on all POS stations.
- Then click on Mark ALL Next Full.
- All buttons and pictures will be refreshed on all POS stations in the company and any changes will be applied.
- If in TouchScreen Button Layout > Custom Layout, the TYPE is C, the picture will only be assigned to the category button. Pictures cannot be assigned to individual items when you are using a category.
If you want a button to act like a category then:
- Create a button group.
- Add items as Type S(Stock card).
- Allocate pictures.
- Add the new button group to the main group with Type B (Button group).
- If the Type is S as in stock cards, then pictures can be assigned to individual buttons.
Please note that a button cannot have both text and a picture. If the user wants both of these, then they have to be edited using a picture editor and then replaced for each button accordingly.
Very important: install the below software on every POS so that pictures will be displayed properly. During the installation, all POS programs must be closed.
How to re-download a table from SIMS to POS if data is missing from POS
POS users can update a price or add a new stock card from SIMS, but sometimes these changes are not shown in the POS system even if it has replicated multiple times. We can re-download the whole table from SIMS so that the items or ...
How to set up POS schemes from SIMS
Attached with this article is a document that details how you can set up POS schemes from SIMS.
How to Reindex SIMS
Reindex is mostly used to fix corrupted indices. If they are not repaired, the utility will indicate which databases need attention. It is important that all users are out of SIMS (and SFM if applicable) or else an alert will pop up that another ...
How to Install SIMS
Installing SIMS To install SIMS, follow the below steps: Launch SIMS.exe. Press Next and accept the terms of service. Select Install only on current user. Leave the install folder path as C:\Program Files (x86)\Shireburn\WinSIMS\. Press Next. Copy ...
How to run the SIMS Archive process
The SIMS Archive function reduces the size of the data store in Live by splitting the same data set in a different database, within the same company. This process improves the SIMS performance as it compacts the Live data set. Users can then access ...